Sites and Dates
Festival Registration Status, site by site
State Level Festivals
State Band and Choral Festival Schedules
Forms, Rules and Regulations
Selective List of Band Literature
Band List Amendment Application
Jazz Band High School
list (reference, only)
Jazz Band Middle
School List (reference, only)
Required Choral List (in Excel)
KMEA Choral Publisher Abbreviations (in Word)
option 1 in spring, 2008)
Classic Required Listing for Orchestra
• Go to their "Music Lists" and log in.
• First timers, create an identity.
• For choirs, grades 1 & 2
= Easy, grades 3 & 4 = Medium, and grades 5
& 6 Hard.
Medals available for purchase
Dept of Educ future testing dates
Solo & Ensemble Festival
- State solo and ensemble festival is available to high school solo and ensemble events that qualify. Dates for 2013 are May 4 at Western; May 11 at Eastern.
- This year, the solo and ensemble score sheets have a place at the bottom for judges to indicate whether full instrumentation (incl. piano) was employed. There is also a place to put the title and composer.
- The judge need only fill in that part at the bottom of the sheet if the event is a high school event, and if a Distinguished rating is being awarded.
- The runner should check for signature and rating, and if the event is a high school event and if the rating is Distinguished, the runner should also see if the judge filled out the bottom part. Ideally, an incomplete sheet should not leave the room.
- A high school level performance qualifies for state solo and ensemble festival if
-a Distinguished rating is awarded
-the instrumentation is complete, no substitutions, and a piano is used if called for
-the selection is on the appropriate selective list (any piece on the string list, UIL grade 1 for voices, UIL grade 1 or 2 for wind and percussion)
- Directors wishing to enroll a qualified solo or ensemble in the state festival should send a copy of the student's assessment form to the KMEA office with payment for the state event. The state office will check the appropriate list to ensure the selection can be found on the list.
Lists for students wishing to participate in State Solo and